In 1965 the Lawrence Investing Corporation purchased the Nichols property, a 165 acre dairy farm, which included the family’s 1903 country home.
The Salem Golf Club was established in 1966, and development of the 18 hole course commenced under the direction of local golf course architect, Edward Ryder.  He preserved the natural beauty of the Nichols property fully utilized the rolling landscape, presenting the golfers with beautiful vistas from many of the tees.
 

 

Course Flyover